Reuters | Oct 11, 2018 23:00
LONDON, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Nigerian crude was offered a touch lower on Thursday, under pressure from the persistent overhang of unsold cargoes, although this surplus could soon clear, given demand from Turkish and Asian refiners.
NIGERIA AND ANGOLA
* Vitol offered a cargo of Qua Iboe delivered into Rotterdam in early December at a premium of $3.55 a barrel to dated Brent on a CFR basis, which traders said equated to around $1.50 a barrel FOB, a few cents lower than recent indications for this grade.
* Now that oil pricing agency Platts says it is considering including other crudes in its dated Brent assessment, traders said offers for WAF cargoes delivered in northwest Europe would likely become more frequent.
* India imported 336,500 bpd of Nigerian crude in September, 20.7 percent more than in August, according to data from industry and shipping sources. But, highlighting the challenge to light, sweet West African crudes from U.S. oil, imports in September this year were nearly 40 percent lower than those in September last year.
* At the last count, there were around 25 cargoes left for sale from the October and November programmes, marking very little change over the last week.
* U.S. crude oil stockpiles rose last week for the third consecutive weekly build as refineries continued to reduce output for seasonal maintenance, while gasoline inventories grew unexpectedly, the Energy Information Administration said on Thursday. Crude inventories USOILC=ECI rose 6 million barrels in the week to Oct. 5, compared with analysts' expectations for an increase of 2.6 million barrels. EIA/S
* OPEC sees the oil market as well supplied and is wary of creating a glut next year, the group's secretary-general said on Thursday, suggesting producers are in no rush to expand a June agreement that raises output. OPEC/M
* Africa's GDP growth is rising but it must do more to solidify a fragile recovery and prepare for major disruptions in the global economy, the International Monetary Fund's top official for Africa said. Turkish refiner Tupras awarded a tender later for delivery of 1 million barrels of light sweet crude to Total for a shipment of Forcados delivering Nov 17-18, traders said.
* Chevron (NYSE:CVX) won a tender from Indonesia's Pertamina for a delivery of Escravos crude oil between Dec 3-5.
* Indian refiner HPCL was said to have issued a three-month term tender for crude delivering between December this year and March next year.
* IOC has issued a tender for light sweet crude for December delivery that will be awarded on Thursday, traders said.
Written By: Reuters
Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible. Currency trading on margin involves high risk, and is not suitable for all investors. Trading or investing in cryptocurrencies carries with it potential risks. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Cryptocurrencies are not suitable for all investors. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange or any other financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures), Forex and cryptocurrencies prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn’t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.