Satendra Singh | Oct 09, 2019 07:12
- Sino-U.S. tariff trade war has damaged this sector at the most.
- Final Deal on Sino-U.S. trade issue will once again turn this sector into most favorite investment destination in 2020 - 2021.
- Nifty 50 may further feel the growing bearishness in Nifty Pharma.
On analysis of the Nifty Pharma, in different time frames, I find that the Nifty Pharma has been constantly showing weakness since the advent of the Sino-U.S. Tariff Trade War; remain un-noticed till it showed heavy sell-off during the last three weeks. No doubt that the Nifty Pharma looks to be the weakest point of Nifty 50, showing persistence in a downward trend since September 2018; despite a bout of bouncing moves shown by Nifty 50 during this period when the Nifty 50 touched its recent peak at 12,185 on July 5th, 2019 before tumbling downward.
No doubt that the Nifty Pharma used to be one of the favorite sectors for Indian investors till April 6th, 2015, when Nifty Pharma touched its life-time peak at 14,050, but since then after following a consolidation phase till September 10th, 2018, amid a range from 8080 – 12051, started to follow downward trend till October 7th, 2019; after witnessing a steep fall on a daily basis.
I find that the growing damaging impact of economic slowdown at a global level has impacted this sector of the Indian equity markets up to the worst extent, besides other sectors due to export-interruptions, etc. No doubt that the Nifty Pharma is still showing more weakness due to weak signals in the weekly chart; as its current position below ‘Ichimoku Cloud’ and the formation of three outside bearish candles in a weekly chart; makes the situation worse.
Finally, I conclude that since the Nifty 50 has also started to feel the growing bearishness of Nifty Pharma over its movements during the last few trading sessions; but further sell-off in Nifty Pharma will drag down Nifty 50 into more negative territory. Secondly, the growing fear of hurdles in Sino-U.S. Tariff talks on October 11 -12 in Washington. But, I find that if the tariff trade tussle between the two major economies of the world is resolved successfully, Nifty Pharma would be the topmost sector of Nifty 50 to attract investors’ attention. I find that the Nifty Pharma will become the investors’ hub in 2020 – 2021. No doubt, that some of the constituents of Nifty Pharma are still showing their strength, which makes them next investment jewels during 2020 - 2021. For watching my upcoming videos on Nifty 50 and Bank Nifty, subscribe to my YouTube Channel ‘SS Analysis’
1. This content is for information and educational purposes only and should not be considered as an investment advice or an investment recommendation. Past performance is not an indication of future results. All trading carries risk. Only risk capital be involved which you are prepared to lose.
2. Remember, YOU push the buy button and the sell button. Investors are always reminded that before making any investment, you should do your own proper due diligence on any name directly or indirectly mentioned in this article. Investors should also consider seeking advice from an investment and/or tax professional before making any investment decisions. Any material in this article should be considered general information, and not relied on as a formal investment recommendation.
Written By: Satendra Singh
Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.